Who we are - What we do
Our Constitution states....
The object of the Club shall be to encourage the sport of
dinghy sailing and racing in South Staffordshire.
South Staffordshire Sailing Club (SSSC) aims to encourage and promote amateur dinghy sailing with membership open to all.
It is a club run by the members for the members.
Based just off the J12 of the M6, we provide:
A safe sailing environment for adults and juniors
- Adult Training:
- Learn to Sail courses, RYA1 and RYA2, run during the summer
- Wednesday & Thursday evening race training
- Adult 2 handed boats: GP14, Lark, Firefly
- Adult single handed boats: OK, Solo
- Junior Training based on RYA 1 & 2:
- Sunday mornings for beginners and more experienced junior
- Thursday evenings for more experienced junior
- Great racing for the following classes
- Junior single handed boats: Optimist, Topper
- Junior 2 handed boat: Mirror
- Sunday Sailing - 3 races most Sundays all year around
- Social Events for both Adults and Juniors
We are a not-for-profit organisation entirely supported by member's subscriptions and their voluntary assistance, which helps keep fees low.
We have accreditation by the RYA (Royal Yachting Association). We are also recognised as a Volvo Champion Club which means we offer a full training programme for junior members.