Subscription Rates for 2017
Class of Membership
|JOINT (Both partners and children under 12 years)||£170.00|
|ORDINARY (Individual Adults 18 and over not in full time education, and their children under 12 years)||£138.00|
|YOUNG - Junior (12 to 17 years, with parents paying Joint or Ordinary membership)||£22.00|
|JUNIOR (Under 18, whose parents are NON SAILING members)||£42.00|
|STUDENT (18 and over in full time education)||£47.00|
|(payable in respect of each boat used at the club)|
|JUNIOR BOATS (MIRRORS, TOPPERS, OPTIMISTS
(fee reduced by 50% for additinal Junior or additional to adult class First Boats)
Link to Subscription Rates 2017 Document
Joining after 1st July
All membership and boat launching fees are reduced by 50% for members joining on or after the 1st July
Joining after 1st October
For members wishing to join on or after 1st October, the full membership fee is applicable but will provide membership until the end of the following year (i.e. maximum of 15 months)
It is a club rule that all boats at South Staffordshire Sailing Club must be insured against all claims in respect of Third Party, Injury and Damage - whether to person or property for a minimum sum of £2,000,000.
In order to qualify for any race or series of races sailed for at the Club it is necessary to abide by the Class Rules of the boat concerned. All boats are parked at the owners risk.
1. Club sailing takes place on Sundays and Tuesday evenings from mid-April to mid-August. The adult classes sailed are: GP14, Lark, Firefly, O.K. and Solo. Juniors (under 18) train on Sunday mornings and have their own races.
2. Junior boats are: Optimists, Toppers and Mirrors (in addition to the adult classes).
3. The club is also open for practice sailing (with help if needed) on Wednesday evenings from April to August inclusive.
4. Non-sailing members may sail only four times per season, as a guest of a full member.
5. The Club year commences on the 1st January, when renewal subscriptions become due. Similarly the age of Juniors is as on that day.
6. Any friend or relative of a member wishing to use the Club facilities, other than as provided for in the
Constitution as a guest, should apply for the appropriate membership.
7. Additional concessionary rates are available to members as follows:
a. JOINT and ORDINARY members who live more than 50 miles from the Club and have been Full or Student members for at least 3 years
b. JOINT and ORDINARY members who are over 65 (50% annual subscriptions)
c. STUDENT members who study away from home and who are unable to sail regularly (50% annual subscriptions)